S’mores Cookie Cups
posted by Kia Gardner, October 7 2021
Another amazing bake from @veganshannon. One of our favourite bakers has come up with these super cute cookie cups! Here’s how to make them!
Makes: 12 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins
You will need:
– 1 3/4 cups plain flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– pinch of salt
– 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
– 3/4 cups light brown sugar
– 1/2 cup caster sugar
– 2 vegan eggs (I use Orgran egg replacement or Free & Easy Foods egg replacement)
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/3 cup vegan milk chocolate chips
– 12 large vegan marshmallows or 24 small marshmallows
1. Preheat the oven to 200C and lightly grease a muffin tin with vegan butter.
2. In a large mixing bowl/stand mixer, combine the plain flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Soften the butter in a mug in the microwave for 15 seconds, this shouldn’t melt the butter completely but will be melted enough to keep the texture of the cookies right. Once microwaved, pour the butter into a medium-sized bowl. Add the light brown sugar, caster sugar, vegan eggs and vanilla extract. Mix everything together until completely combined.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients, once again mixing until everything is well combined. The mixture should now be a soft cookie dough texture.
5. Fold the vegan milk chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
6. Scoop out a heaped tablespoon of the mixture at a time and roll it into a ball. Placing them one by one into the muffin tin. Press the cookie dough down so that it is slightly flatter.
7. Place the cookies in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and use the bottom of a measuring spoon tablespoon to press the centre of the cookies down so that they create a cup shape.
8. Place a large marshmallow / two smaller marshmallows in the centre of the cookie cups. Keeping the cookie cups in the muffin tin, I then placed them under the grill for one minute, so that the tops of the marshmallows had a slightly toasted effect and were slightly gooey in the centre. If you choose to do this, keep an eye on them as they will burn quickly!
9. Remove from the grill and allow the cookie cups to cool for at least 10 minutes, before removing them from the tin and allowing them to cool completely on a cooling rack.
/ Diary Free
/ Egg Free
/ freedom confectionery
/ freedom mallows
/ Gelatine Free
/ Gluten Free
/ vegan baking