Chocolate Marshmallow Slice
200g biscuits, crumbed
100g vegan margarine/butter (such as stork)
450g Freedom mallows mini pink and white vanilla marshmallow bites
240g vegan milk or dark chocolate, melted
Toppings (such as sprinkles or decorations), optional
1) Line and grease a 8x8in tin
2) Turn the biscuits into fine crumbs using a rolling pin or food processor. To make this recipe gluten free as well as vegan you can use gluten free biscuits!
3) Melt the vegan butter and add to the crumbs and combine until it starts sticking together. Press this mixture into the tin firmly and flatten so the surface is even. Place in the fridge for around 20 minutes whilst you make the marshmallow filling.
4) Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of water on a low/medium heat. Add the marshmallows and water to the bowl and stir frequently until the marshmallows are completely melted. This took me about 10-15 minutes!
5) Pour the marshmallows on top of the biscuit base and cover evenly. Chill again in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
6) Once the marshmallow layer is set, melt the chocolate in short bursts in a microwave. Pour the chocolate over the marshmallow and move the tin to help coat the surface smoothly and evenly.
7) Let the chocolate set completely or if you want, add some decorations! More chocolate, sprinkles, or little flowers like I chose.
8) Cut into 9 big squares, or 12 if you want them smaller. Keep in the fridge and they should last 3-4 days!
Big thank you to @alliescakery for this spring recipe https://www.instagram.com/alliescakery/