This recipe is one of my absolute favourites as it’s super quick to make and even quicker to eat! Perfect for parties, and really fun for teaching children how to make their own treats, these squares are straight from my childhood and now they have been made vegan! Get ready for some magical marshmallow goodness down to the very last bite.
5 cups of Rice Krispie Cereal (I use a vegan version from Lidl)
320g Freedom Mallows (I find the giant mallows work really well)
60g Vegan Butter Block (I used flora)
Vanilla Bean Paste OR Maple syrup
Vegan Chocolate for melting (I used vego melts)
Marshmallows and any other favourites to top it all off (I used strawberry Freedom Mallows and Doisy and Dam chocolate).
- In a large pan melt your vegan butter on a medium heat and slowly add in your marshmallows.
- Gently stir them until they start to melt and then begin whipping them quickly to get that fluffy marshmallow goodness.
- Add in some vanilla bean paste or maple syrup (about half a tea spoon)
- Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl and add in 5 cups of cereal
- Stir together and pour the mixture into a tray (I use a silicone tray bake tray)
- Pat down so it’s flat in the tin
- Melt your chocolate and drizzle on top
- Decorate with all your favourite toppings!
- Leave it in the fridge for about 15 minutes or until the chocolate is set
- Then remove, cut into squares and enjoy!
Pro tip. You can make two layers of the mixture and sandwich them with some extra marshmallow mixture, biscoff spread or whatever you fancy to create that extra gooey middle!
Many Thanks @papermachemind