posted by Chelsey Needham, July 14 2021
1) White Choc Topped Rocky Road by @angus_2807
Mallows Rocky Road
200g Digestive or Rich Tea biscuits
100g milk chocolate
100g dark chocolate
3 tbsp golden syrup
50g white chocolate
100g mini mallows
Line a 20cm square tin. In a saucepan gently melt the butter, milk and dark chocolate and the golden syrup (stirring regularly), then place to the side to cool. Add the biscuits to a bag and beat with a rolling pin or fist until it is different shapes and sizes, from dust to 50p lumps. Put the biscuits and mallows in a large bowl and combine. Then pour over the chocolate mixture and mix. Spread evenly in the tin and chill for 2 hours in the fridge. Take it out and drizzle white chocolate over the top then chill for another 30 mins. Take out and chop into 16 pieces.
2) Iced chocolate frappe by @papermachemind
When it’s really warm out but you’ve still got that hot chocolate craving why not make an iced chocolate frappe? This delicious treat works so well and is particularly good when you give it a shake in a cocktail shaker. There are so many variations you can make too so play around with your own combos and ingredients. Below you’ll find my easy guide to making this tasty treat and they are sure to brighten any summer party gathering!
You will need:
2 Freedom Mallows Chocolate Bombs
Alpro Vegan Chocolate Drink or any plant based alternative
Vegan Spray Cream
Vegan Vanilla Icecream
Freedom Mini Mallows
Pinch of sea salt
For a coffee version, why not add some cooled coffee to your jar also?
3) Choc Mallow Tea Cakes By @ohthatvegangirl_
Chocolate Tea Cakes are one major thing I have missed being vegan, I loved them, that thin chocolate over marshmallowy goodness
That’s why I knew I wanted to try and make some vegan ones with some of the mallows @freedommallows kindly gifted to me, and let me tell you, these did not disappoint!
Surprisingly easy to make, but you will need to have a mould to make them, I got mine from Amazon a while back for pretty cheap.
You will need
Start by melting one of the chocolate bars, in the microwave or over a pan of hot water, coat 4 of the dome moulds, and pop in the freezer for an hour.
Then in a bowl over a pan of hot water add the full bag of mallows and golden syrup, stir constantly until the mallows melt and form a fluffy cloud.
Divide the mallow between the dooms, this bit is really sticky so use two spoons to plop them in.
Next add biscuits on top of the mallow, I had to break mine up to fit but if you had round ones the right size that would be so much easier!
Then melt the rest of the chocolate and pour over the biscuits then set in the fridge for a couple of hours, and enjoy!
4) S’more Mallow Tarts by @alliescakery
S’mores chocolate tarts! (Makes 8 mini tarts)
250g vegan, gluten free digestives
125g dairy free butter
1 tbsp golden syrup
Chocolate Pudding Filling
130g caster sugar
20g cocoa or cacao powder
600g plant milk (I use almond)
30g dairy free butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
40g dairy free chocolate
3 packs vegantic marshmallows
1) Start by making the biscuit base. Heat oven to 170c. Crush the biscuits with a rolling pin until you get fine crumbs. Melt the butter and mix this and the golden syrup into the biscuit crumbs until combined. Grease the tart tins and press the biscuit mixture into each one. Bake for 8 minutes and then allow to cool.
2) To make the pudding whisk the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt together in a pan. Then add the milk. Place the pan on a medium heat and bring to the simmer (takes around 5 minutes). The mixture will then start to thicken and become glossy, this will take around 3 more minutes. Remove from the heat and add in the butter, vanilla and chocolate. Place the pudding mixture in a bowl covered with cling film to stop a skin forming on top, and chill for a couple of hours in the fridge.
3) To assemble, pop out the tarts from their cases and fill each one with the pudding mixture. Then top with marshmallows! I used the vegantic marshmallows cut in half and arranged like a flower but you can decorate it however you want! I used a blow torch on the marshmallows for a few seconds to finish it but this is optional.
4) Serve and enjoy!
6) Strawberries & Cream Krispie Bars by @alliescakery
150g Rice Krispies (I used nestle gofree rice pops to make them gluten free too!)
175g Freedom strawberry mallows
100g strawberries and cream white chocolate (Morrison’s do an excellent vegan strawberries and cream white chocolate bar that I use. Otherwise you could use plain vegan white chocolate and scatter some freeze dried strawberries into it!)
70g Vegan Butter
200g strawberries and cream white chocolate
Freeze dried strawberries (to decorate)
Freedom strawberry marshmallows (to decorate)
1) Line an 8×8 square baking tin with parchment paper.
2) Melt marshmallows, butter and chocolate together in a saucepan.
3) Quickly add and stir in the Rice Krispies until completely coated
4) Press the mixture into the tin firmly with the back of a spoon/spatula. Let it chill slightly.
5) For the topping, melt the chocolate and pour on top of the krispie mixture, coating evenly. Add strawberry pieces and marshmallows onto the still wet chocolate topping to decorate.
6) Place in fridge and chill. Once set cut into 9 squares.
7) Freedom Mallows Summer Banana Split By @papermachemind
There is no desert that gives me more nineties childhood nostalgia than a banana split. So simple, quick and delicious and worth revisiting as an adult! I decided to top mine with all my favourites from Freedom including their chocolate bombs, giant mallows, minis and mallow out bars, and finished it off with some Booja-Booja chocolate Ice-cream, vegan spray cream and chocolate sauce.
You will need:
Freedom Vegantic Mallows
Freedom Mini Mallows
Freedom Mallow Out bar
Freedom Chocolate Bomb (crushed)
Vegan spray cream
The fun part, slice your banana (I find it looks best on a long plate) and start layering up your masterpiece with all your favourite toppings! I love the Freedom Chocolate Bombs as a hot chocolate but they are also great crushed up for some extra chocolatey goodness. Some people like to add chopped nuts and raspberries too, and you could make it even more summery with summer fruits, the options are endless – Enjoy!
#veganfood #veganuk #veganfoodshare #vegancommunity #veganuary #freefrom #veganlife #vegetarian #vegan #meatfreemonday #plantbased #whatveganseat #accidentallyvegan #vegansofmanchester #veganfoodporn #foodblogger #food #veganblogger #comfortfood #vegancomfortfood #veganfoodblogger #veganrecipes #easyvegan #veganonabudget #vegansofig #foodie #chocolate #teacake #vegandessert #vegantreats
blog / cake / chocolate / dairy free / dessert2021 / Diary Free / Egg Free / Free-From / Gelatine Free / Gluten Free / GMO Free / Halal Suitable / Kosher Suitable / mallows / marshmallow / Marshmallows / No Artificial Colours / No Artificial Flavours / recipe / vegan baking / vegan recipe