- 1/2 pack of Oreos (6 cookies, ~75g)
- 2 tsp (10g) vegetable spread melted
- 50g cashews (1/3 cup), soaked for at least 4 hours in hot water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp arrow root powder
- large pinch salt
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp vanilla SF syrup
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp maple syrup
- 160g (2/3 cup) plain dairy free yogurt or 160g silken tofu
- marshmallow topping
- 55g vegan vanilla marshmallows
- Grease 2 silicone moulds or grease and line 2 ceramic/tin moulds with greaseproof baking parchment. I used 2 ceramic heart dishes.
- First, the base. Separate the Oreo cream filling from the biscuits with a knife. Set the filling aside for now. Add the biscuits to a blender and add the melted vegetable spread. Blitz until very fine, then press into greased tins. Put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Next, the cheesecake filling. Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan). If you haven’t soaked your cashews yet, boil them for 10 minutes to make them nice and soft, then drain off the water. If you did soak them, drain off the soaking water.
- Once the base has chilled, add the reserved Oreo fillings, cashews, lemon juice, vanilla extract, arrowroot powder, salt, maple syrup, sugar free syrup and tofu OR yogurt to a blender and blitz until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Pour the vanilla filling into tins and smooth out.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until the tops are golden.
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high heat.
- Cover the tops of the cheesecakes completely with a single layer of marshmallows.
- Pop the cheesecakes under the grill and keep an eye on them – grill under the marshmallows are golden. They’ll puff up as they melt, so don’t put them too close to the element! Mine only take about two minutes.
- Remove from the grill, leave to cool for 10 minutes before putting them in the fridge to chill entirely – at least 1-2 hours in my experience.