Who doesn’t want some fun spooky treats to make this Halloween? These Frankenstein rice krispie treats are super easy to make, vegan AND allergy free!
1.5 Tablespoons coconut oil
1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
Green food colouring
Parchment or wax paper
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, place your coconut oil.
- Once it has melted, add your bag of freedom mallows. Stir until the mallows have melted and your mixture is smooth. Then add in the green food colouring (the greener the better)
- Add in the cereal and stir until all of the cereal is coated.
- Pour the cereal into a tin with the parchment paper lining it. Wet your hands and press it until it is flat and moulded to the tins shape.
- Allow it to cool while you make Frankenstein’s hair (the chocolate dipping).
- In a microwave-safe bowl, put the dairy-free chocolate chips and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stopping to stir each time until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Cut the cooled cereal into rectangles and reshape after cutting and removing from the pan.
- Dip the top of the rectangle into the chocolate. Place it on another tray lined with parchment paper. Finish doing this to each of the rectangles.
- Take the rest of the melted chocolate and place it in a piping bag (if you don’t have a bag you can use a zip bag). Snip a tiny corner of the bag. Squeeze out a straight line to form Frankenstein’s mouth.
- Dip each of the eyeballs into the chocolate, just coating the back side of them. Place two eyeballs on each Frankenstein.
- For the bolts, dip some mini mallows in the chocolate to stick on the side of your Frankenstein’s head.
- Allow the chocolate to harden (this can be rushed if they’re placed in the fridge.)
- Serve and enjoy!